According to a recent study, more than 100,000 mHealth apps have already been published on Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android platforms. Market revenue is expected to skyrocket to $26 billion by 2017.
mHealth app providers and all of the players in the mHealth ecosystem must be aware of the potential legal risks and liabilities. Join Pillsbury’s Social Media & Games team and Health Care practice lawyers for three events addressing emerging legal issues with mHealth applications. Topics will include:
- Privacy and security, including HIPAA issues
- Regulatory oversight by the FDA, FTC, and FCC, including recent enforcement actions
- Intellectual property issues with mHealth apps
- Issues with gamification of health care, including reward and incentive programs
- Issues with leveraging Apple’s health kit
- Unauthorized practice of medicine
- And much more
Tuesday, February 10, 2015 – Overview of Legal Issues with mHealth
Speaker: James G. Gatto, Partner, Pillsbury
Wednesday, March 11, 2015 – Privacy and Security
Speaker: Kristi V. Kung, Senior Associate, Pillsbury
Tuesday, April 7, 2015 – IP Issues with Mobile Applications
Speaker: Bradford C. Blaise, Partner, Pillsbury
Events are 8:00 – 10:00am ET
8:00 – 8:30am Breakfast and registration
8:30 – 10:00am Program
Pillsbury’s Northern Virginia Office
1650 Tysons Boulevard, 14th Floor
McLean, VA 22102-4856
All events will also be available as webinars.
For questions regarding these events, please contact Mahalet Asrat.